forum - play Website Template

So, I've been thinking

As the title hints at, I've been sitting in quiet isolation and contemplation. I've been peeking around here and there, but haven't really been able to build up the motivation to thrust(hah) myself forward and be a true part of this site...Which is kinda bad on my part, but let's not focus on that.

I've been thinking that it's time for a new roleplay on the site, something separate from the...Really, one singular roleplay we have that has so, so many sub-sections within it.

I'm open to ideas, and I'm even willing to get the ball rolling. I feel like the site shouldn't just be the place where 'The Lewd Coast' happens to be. It should be a place where all sorts of roleplays can blossom and just...Happily exist.

I'm open to any and all ideas, really! I'd prefer ideas that aren't medieval and....Well, openly lewd, because I feel like we already HAVE that, and with so little conceptual diversity, we should try to create something fully separate. Be it sci-fi, modern, or even some sort of fandom roleplay.

If people are interested in something new, I'll be sure to throw some of my own ideas into the mix as well. I have few personal roleplay partners, and what I normally get to do, depends on that person...So, expect a lot of weird ideas that I don't normally get to use...Assuming I can remember all of them...

I know i want variety. But i don't have any specific ideas i want to make happen because... Well, i'm working on this game all the time, trying to make that happen. I do really want to rp with you though.

What do yoooou want Preyis? Why not start there?

What I want? N...No one has ever asked me that before. I...I don't know what to say other than that I'm...Happy. Beams with joy. Beams so bright that he begins to glow like the sun. Soon explodes, destroying everything in a two block radius

But in all seriousness, at this very moment there are three different sorts of roleplays I want. One is based off of a webcomic known as Lackadaisy. No so much 'based' off of it, but the comic gave me a new perspective on the 1920's era of America, and I realized that there'd be a lot of potential for prohibition era shenanigans. A lot of gang style relationships and the sort.

The second is kind of a nerdy thing on my part, but I've always wanted to do a roleplay based in the Star Wars universe. Sort of like how KOTOR did it, where there are a lot of moral grays rather than it being strict Jedi good Sith bad. I love morally gray characters(As you in particular, Celene probably know....<-<)

The last one on my mind right now, is a dumb fandom roleplay that honest proves that I've spent too much time maining Roadhog and Junkrat in overwatch. I am prohibited from continuing to explain it, due, mostly in part, to the greasy shame that the idea makes me feel.

Interesting. Would you want something with a dice system or would you prefer to steer away from that?

On one hand, a dice system can be very useful in keeping things sort of...Balanced. Everyone can't just do anything they want, but on the other hand, a dice system sort of pigeon holes a character into doing only what they have good rolls for.

I suppose that'd depend on the sort of roleplay.

1920's Shenanigans: Probably not.
Star Wars: Would probably benefit, yeah
Overwatch ssssiiiiin: feels greasy shame I have no idea.

Well, id probably join in on a starwars thing. There is actually a starwars dice system. I made a character for another rp i briefly joined which didn't end up happening. The other two i don't really understand.

Took a short glance at lackadaisy. Seems interesting too actually. Dunno how it would work.

Really? I mean, in my mind, prohibition era gangster...Ness, isn't hard to follow. I mean, assuming you know the history of the 1920's America. That is to say, a time of one of the worst black markets in America, where alcohol was outlawed resulting in gangs of gin traffickers and speakeasies.

As for how it would work, well, I feel like T.L.C has proven that several settings within the same universe can all be happening at once. I'd imagine that it could go a few different ways. Perhaps a group of players attempts to make a big score, or to carve out their own whisky empire. Etc. I dunno, I wasn't expecting to be the only one giving out ideas here...

I'm not sure what T.L.C is, and i wouldn't call myself anything particularly knowledgeable on the time outside of movies, anime, and the various tropes about it.

And yeah, you could probably do it but. Just seems hard, like something that would need hard dming to keep the story going. Id probably 'try' to join it but at first glance it doesn't strike inspiration.

And yeah, if you want to start a new thing, may as well be a thing you're personally interested in. more fun that way :stuck_out_tongue:

The Lewd Coast.

And this thread was to pool ideas from everyone. Not just for me to be doing all the leg work.

Hmm... Lans might be interested in the starwars one. But yeah. Everyone might not be that many people. Nothing seems to ever happen unless someone does the legwork ;-;

I think Lans at one point did have a star l wars rp going on, so yeah he'd probably like to see that again.

I'm interested in another roleplay....do we have a setting/campaign in mind or would we make all the lore up?

This thread was made for everyone to toss ideas into a metaphorical hat, but no one had seemed interested in doing that, and instead wanted to poke at my ideas.

I'd love to hear what you may have in mind, Senapoly.

Gamma Terra (bases on [Gamma World][https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_World])

Set in the mid-25th century, more than a century after a war had destroyed human civilization. The post-apocalyptic inhabitants of Earth now refer to their planet as "Gamma Terra" (or "Gamma World”).

Reasons for war, set around 2309-2322:

• A terrorist group called "The Apocalypse" with nuclear capabilities and the ensuing retaliation by surviving factions.

• Due to alien arrival and nuclear response by earth.

• Due to rampant use of nanotechnology and AI.

• The activation of the Large Hadron Collider, which caused multiple realities to exchange features in an event known as "The Big Mistake".

The cataclysm destroyed all government and society beyond a village scale, plunging the world into a Dark Age.

Tech options:

• Technology is at best quasi-medieval (the crossbow is described as "the ultimate weapon")

• Advanced technology that is well known and often easily available.

• Modern/future tech/weapons are ‘super-science artifacts’ that are risky to use due to the average character not knowing how to properly operate such devices, or possibly even what the device is at all.

• Mixture of alien tech from the invasion.

Gamma Terra is a chaotic, dangerous environment that little resembles pre-apocalyptic Earth. The weapons unleashed during the final war were strong enough to alter coastlines, level cities, and leave large areas of land lethally radioactive. These future weapons bathed the surviving life of Earth in unspecified forms of radiation and biochemical agents, producing widespread, permanent mutations among humans, animals, and plants. As a result, fantastic mutations such as extra limbs, super strength, and psychic powers are relatively common. Many animals and plants are sentient, semi-civilized species competing with surviving humans.

Player character options:

• “Pure strain humans” aka unmutated humans

• Mutated humans

• Sentient animals or plants,

• Androids

• Aliens

Possible plot points:

• Characters explore Ancient ruins and strange post-apocalyptic societies to gain knowledge of the Ancients and social status for themselves. Common adventure themes involve protecting fragile post-apocalypse societies, retrieving Ancient "artifacts" (science fiction gadgetry such as power armor, laser pistols, and anti-grav sleds),

• Mere survival against the multifarious dangers of the future (such as gun-toting mutant rabbits, rampaging ancient death machines, or other Gamma Worlders bent on mayhem).

Rivalries:

• Rivalry among the "Cryptic Alliances", semi-secret societies whose ideological agendas—usually verging on monomania—often bring them into conflict with the rest of the Gamma Terra. For example, the Pure Strain Human "Knights of Genetic Purity" seek to exterminate all mutants, while the all-mutant "Iron Society" wants to eliminate unmutated humans.

• Other rivalries involve attitudes towards Ancient technology, with some Alliances (such as "The Restorationists") seeking to rebuild Ancient society, while others (such as "The Seekers") want to destroy remaining artifacts.